The Vocabulary Worksheet Factory, developed by people from SchoolHouse Technologies, is a quality product just like any other product by the same developer. It keeps simplicity and effectiveness as the main priorities, maintaining the same interface dynamics and look, so if you are a user of any other product of SchoolHouse Technologies you’ll be familiarized with this one right away.
As the name indicates, Vocabulary Worksheet Factory is designed to help teachers – mainly but not exclusively – to design vocabulary worksheet for students. This is a routinely task for teachers, highly time consuming and even boring, but also inevitable. So what could be better than a tool capable of helping teachers do this task faster and more efficiently? Since Vocabulary Worksheet Factory uses a very intuitive and simple interface, it won’t matter the teachers’ computer skill level or experience. They’ll be creating professional worksheets within a few hours without a problem.
The interface is a multiple-tab window; the first tab is the Start Page tab which is always on, the other tabs correspond with the worksheets you are creating, one tab per worksheet. In the Start Page you will find some SchoolHouse Technologies online, such as the website link, community forums, and the online help desk. In addition, you will find a fast start button, to quickly start creating a new worksheet. Finally you’ll find a collection of three online tutorials to help you get started with the application. Once you start creating a new worksheet, its corresponding tab is created with a name according to the worksheet type you’ve selected, for instance “Missing Words #”. The # character indicates the amount of worksheets being created simultaneously.
Staying in accordance with simplicity, Vocabulary Worksheet Factory provides a worksheet wizard for quick worksheet creation. The wizard follows the steps describe below:
1. Selection of the worksheet type to create: you have to select the type of worksheet to create from a pretty long list of types available.
2. Word list selection #1: you can either utilize a pre-existing word list (the fastest option) or you can create a totally new word list.
3. Word list selection #2: in case you chose to utilize a pre-existing word list, this is the step in which you actually choose the word list to use from the list provided.
4. Worksheet title: assign a title to your new worksheet being created.
5. Finish: just finish the wizard to be able to customize and edit your worksheet, if you want to. Otherwise, the standard worksheet is ready to be printed and used.